We’re greener than you think
we’re growing food on campus!
With Urban Cultivators and Tower Gardens on Campus we’re growing produce on campus!
WHAT IS TOWER GARDENS?
- Tower Gardens is a pilot project that re-purposes limited space on campus and grows produce by transforming it into a sustainable and responsible area of procurement using aeroponic technology.
WHAT IS AEROPONIC TECHNOLOGY?
- Aeroponic technology is the ability to grow produce without using soil.
- Using only a patented watering cycle, its vertical plastic design ensures all the plant nutrients are 100% recycled and distributed evenly using no harmful chemicals during the process.
- From its high-energy efficiency and slim design, it is becoming increasingly popular in high-density urban settings.
- Aeroponics uses up to 90% less land than traditional farming methods.
- Aeroponics uses 95% less water.
- Aeroponics recycles 100% of its nutrient solution.
- Aeroponics does not use any harmful chemicals.
- Aeroponics grows plants and produce four times faster.
- Click here to see how aeroponic technology works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7EzYmO9u8M
WHERE IS THE PROJECT LOCATED?
- Tower Gardens Project is located in the spiral staircase on the lower level of Building 6.
We are committed to re-purposing campus space to grow food locally and naturally using aeroponic technology and activating solutions for positive environmental, social and economic impact.