Everyday we work to reduce our environmental footprint while delivering exceptional dining services. We also provide expertise and practical solutions to help reduce environmental impacts on campus.
- Over 90% of vending machines are HFC-free and run on 9-12 amps (the same energy needed to power a laptop!)
- Dedicated recycling program for all bottles, glass, plastic, metal, and cardboard.
- Removal of garburators to eliminate solid waste in our sewage system.
- 40% waste reduction improvement since 2013.
- Work with all food vendors to ensure best sustainable practices.
- Frito Lay collapses and reuses boxes for future orders.
- Wallace and Carey, Gordon Food Services, and Starbucks utilize re-useable crates for all deliveries.
- Anti-idling practices. No vehicles allowed to be left running more than three minutes in Shipping and Receiving.